Pay Rate: $14.00/hr
**Required to work hours other than regular schedule such as days, nights, weekends, holidays, on-call and rotating shifts.
The Utility Laborer is responsible for performing a variety of manual labor for the repair, construction, and maintenance of the water distribution and waste water collection system.
• Performs manual labor work, to include installation of pipes and fittings, for the repair, construction, and maintenance of water and waste water systems.
• Excavates and backfills trenches in order to complete repairs.
• Loads and unloads trucks.
• Stocks vehicles with necessary equipment and material.
• Cleans, organizes and maintains facilities, tools and equipment.
• Observes and promotes all established safety procedures.
• May assist with the set-up of work zone barricades and signs for traffic control.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Position specific physical testing.
• Knowledge of materials, tools, and equipment typically used in maintenance or construction.
• Knowledge of hazards and safety measures as they apply to the type of work being performed.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to perform all physical requirements of the job.
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds frequently and 105 pounds occasionally; pushing a maximum force of 100 pounds; pulling a maximum force of 150 pounds. If assigned to the concrete crew, physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally. If assigned to the asphalt crew, physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds frequently and 105 pounds occasionally.
Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, crawling, squatting, kneeling and working in cramped and strained positions for long periods of time to perform job scope. Requires visual acuity and speech and hearing. Working conditions are primarily outside with frequent exposure to inclement weather; wastewater; mechanical, electrical, chemical and confined space hazards; offensive fumes; excessive noise; heavy traffic; deep excavations; and animals, snakes and poisonous insects. May be required to comply with requirements as specified in applicable regulations for personal protective equipment, including clearance for use of respiratory protection and other associated equipment.
If interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org