The Plant Manager will provide leadership and direction to insure the continual, efficient and uniform operation which will meet or exceed customer expectations in a safe and orderly manner. Develop and implement plans coordinated with the corporate business plan to increase the reliability and continually improve the quality and efficiencies of the products and services provided by the business unit.
• Supervise branch production using the Warehouse Activity Monitor and available Production Planning tools.
• Correct/ clarify incorrect warehouse procedures
• Develop plans and procedures to insure the safety of all employees and visitors of the warehouse.
• Ensure operations and equipment is in compliance to corporate guidelines and OSHA Standards.
• Consignment Stores Completion
• Complete the supplier consignment warehouse reservations, if necessary
• Verify inventory – make adjustments where necessary
• Hire, train, motivate, and discipline warehouse employees as required.
• Schedule and provide training where required.
• Maintain equipment to provide maximum availability and minimum down time.
• Evaluate and recommend new equipment purchases to enhance quality, capabilities and productivity.
• Communicate and monitor progress towards company safety, returns and allowances, and on time shipment and delivery directives.
• Responsible for building maintenance and security.
• Monitor quality and process improvement throughout the warehouse using SAP reports.
• Insure that preventive and corrective action methods are followed to eliminate or correct procedures and practices which do not meet customer requirements.
• Ensure adequate support of the sales department and its customers in a timely and orderly manner.
• Assist with customer problems, including on site visits where necessary.
• Facilitate lean practices in the plant
• Purchase or direct the purchase of necessary warehouse supplies to insure the ability to comply with written work instructions and customer requirements.
• Attend regional and corporate meetings when required.
• Assist Logistics in insuring trucks are maintained properly and that trucks and drivers are compliant with transportation requirements.
• Perform employee reviews as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
• Computer experience.
• 3-5 years supervisory experience
• Exposure to labor relations, safety programs, ISO standards, Lean practices and sale functions This individual must also possess good leadership qualities and the ability to build an effective team as well as be an effective team member
If interested, please email resume to email@example.com