Work for a company that provides quality affordable housing that is well integrated into the fabric of neighborhoods and serves as a foundation to improve lives and advance resident independence.
Pay 12.39 hour
Duration Temp to hire,
Shift Mon-Fri. 7:30-5, plus available for overtime
Position: Building maintenance
The Maintenance Technician, under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager, is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the physical structures such as office buildings and apartment units using hand tools and power tools. This position performs routine tasks related to the maintenance, repairs and modifications of buildings, equipment and common areas as requested. Operates and maintains approved power tools and light mechanical equipment. Performs basic painting, carpentry, electrical and plumbing repair work of average difficulty in response to service request and conducts inspections of apartments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis: in order to accomplish this, regular attendance MUST be maintained.
- Troubleshoot repairs or replaces wiring and parts for electrical outlets, switches, light fixtures, breaker switches/fuses and fittings (e.g. leaky faucets, clogged drain and sewer lines, damaged toilets, sinks and water cut-offs).
- Perform carpentry, electrical and plumbing repair work of average difficulty in response to service requirements.
- Maintains grounds by picking up litter, watering grass and plants, sweeping sidewalks and parking lots, raking leaves and cultivating plants.
- Scrapes, sands and/or apply cleaning agents by hand to prepare interior walls/ceilings for painting and may be required to paint prepared surfaces with brush/roller.
- Performs make-ready maintenance and clean/disinfects commodes, sinks, bathtubs, walls, restrooms, water fountains and replenishes rest room supplies to enhance sanitary condition.
- Makes minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs by replacing wall outlets, unstopping clogged drains and replacing doorknobs.
- Assists skilled technicians in making major repairs.
- Operates electric buffer, vacuum cleaners and other similar equipment in order to clean floors by sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, buffing, shampooing carpets and vacuuming carpets.
- Dust and polishes furniture, woodwork, and shelving, and empty and clean wastebaskets, ashtrays and windows to enhance the housing quality standards.
- Operates gasoline powered equipment such as power washers, blowers, weed-eaters, etc.
- Use manual strength and appliance dolly to set-up tables and chairs according to simple diagrams for resident activities and to remove and/or install appliances, such as refrigerators and cook stoves.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of experience in general maintenance and upkeep of physical structures.
- Texas Class “C” driver’s license at the time of placement and be insurable by the Housing Authority’s liability and fleet insurance carrier.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education and work history verification and drug screening test.