Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Responsible for the year-round fundraising and grant-writing for the Community Development Initiatives Department. This position leads and assists with event coordination and management of grants and donated funds. The position researches and identifies grant-funded sources to support the Housing Authority’s Community Development Initiatives; coordinates the development, writing and submission of grant proposals to public and private funding agencies. Responsible for social media for the Department to promote activities, events, and success stories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Researches, identifies and creates a database of grant-funding resources and donor resource that is available through public and private agencies
• Leads, manages, and assists with special programs.
• Develops strategies, including a calendar, to coordinate and administer activities in securing grants from funders and all committee related activities. Ensure that predetermined goals are met as well as convening and administering grant committee activities.
• Manages assigned grant awards to include, but not limited to, the collection of revenues and required reporting.
• Secures and maintains relationships with potential donors.
• Develops and maintains social media and grants; maintains master files for department.
• Confers with personnel affected by proposed grant applications to outline program goals and objectives, assists with developing budget, and explains procedures necessary to obtain funding.
• Writes grant applications, according to format required, and submits application to public and private funding agencies.
• Reviews and interprets funding requirements to ensure eligibility and successful grant submission and funding awards.
• Provides data and reports to ensure performance-based, contractual and regulatory goals are reached.
• Prepares compliance reports, including data collection, analysis and interpretation of department and/or grant funded activities.
• Collect, analyze and report data on performance of activities that are funded.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Accounting, Political Science, Social Studies, or a related field.
• 1 year of experience working in grant administration, including grant writing, grant monitoring, or a related field.
• Must have the ability to learn and use cloud applications such as Google GSuite applications to include but not limited to: Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides. Understanding document sharing and collaboration in the cloud. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, cloud accessible applications to include but not limited to: One drive, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint or MAC or PC desktop equivalent is acceptable.
• 1 year of experience working in: Public Housing, Section 8, Finance and Accounting, resident relations and services, economic development, and self-sufficiency activities.
• Knowledge of federal, state, local and private funding source rules and regulations.
• Program analysis, interpretation and report writing experience.
• Solid financial background in the areas of budgets.
• Document portfolio demonstrating excellent writing skills.
• Ability to learn cloud technologies such as LucidChart for diagram , workflow and chart drawing. Vizio or equivalent is acceptable. Basic understanding of Virtual Private Network VPN access to connect to internal business systems.
License and Certifications:
• Texas Class C driver’s license at the time of placement and be insurable
The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 lbs.